Barlow, near Chesterfield
19th September, 2009
Judges: Godfrey Lowe (2696) and Malc Smith
photos courtesy of Keith Aldred
- 1st – Showell’s Heathlymn Flicker By Cleovine
- 2nd – Coote’s Bonfilia Joy Ariel Via Stregaya
- 4th – Colson’s Windyhollows Brere Bear
- 1st – Winder’s Wingthors Charming Miss at Windstock
- 2nd – Whittaker’s Wingthors Charming man at Falconcliffe
- 3rd – Hewison’s Casblaidd Hazy Daisy
- 4th – Griffin’s Eskwinds Chaffinch
- com – Hewison’s Casblaidd Little Archer
- com – Showell’s Vortex Zephyre By Cleovine
- 1st – Ellison’s Blackflight Arrietta
- 2nd – Wood’s Cumberwood Clover
- 3rd – Bell’s Dark Samurai
- 4th – Hewison’s Breedon Bertie from Casblaidd
Report by Gill Awty
Another great day with NEFRA.
We were fortunate with the weather and also the new ground. Open grassland, woodland, steep banks and even a river!
We began the day with bacon sandwiches followed by the Open and Puppy Tests in the morning and then the Novice Test after a sociable lunch.
There were four tests with the necessary adaptations for both the Open and Novice competitors. All testing the dogs’ natural hunting abilities and at times the judges’ patience!
The tests comprised double marks (landing in sight and out of sight), Blinds and Marks into woodland, Double blinds into cover at a distance, Blinds and Marks into the river and river bank.
I’d like to thank Denise Jury and Garry Ellison for their organisation and also the many helpers on the day who made it flow so smoothly. A special thank you to the judges, Godfrey Lowe and Malc Smith, without whom we could not have had the Test.
I always enjoy NEFRA events – lots of friendly faces and smiles.
Who needs to be nervous at Working Tests?